1. Michael Brown's family asked for a day of silence in Ferguson, Mo. as they prepare to bury their son. Brown's father spoke at a peace festival over the weekend, urging the community to show peace and love during this hard time. Brown's funeral starts at 10 a.m. Monday morning.
2. People in California's Napa valley are waking up to damage after a 6.0 earthquake destroyed buildings and injured hundreds. The U.S. Geological Survey expects aftershocks this week.
3. We're under a Weather Authority Alert Day because of today's extreme heat. Local authorities visited communities over the weekend to make sure people were staying safe outdoors. If you plan to be out in the heat, make sure you're taking frequent breaks and drinking plenty of water.
4. The Emmy Awards ceremony is tonight. Will you watch? The ceremony airs live on Local 6 starting at 7 p.m.
5. Israel launched 16 airstrikes against Gaza. Military officials there say it's all in response to violence from Gaza over the weekend. Two Palestinians died in the violence this morning.
6. Don't know how much allowance your kid deserves for their chores? That's okay - there's an app for that. Chore Master works on a point-based system and parents say it helps kids learn the art of saving.
100 Television Lane
Paducah, KY 42003