Two people arrested and charged with making meth in Gilbertsvill - WPSD Local 6: Your news, weather, and sports authority

Two people arrested and charged with making meth in Gilbertsville motel

Posted: Updated:
Nicholas Ordunez Nicholas Ordunez
Megan Steinkoenig Megan Steinkoenig

Marshall County deputies arrested and charged two people for manufacturing meth in a Gilbertsville hotel.

The Marshall County Sheriff's Office says on Saturday they got a call from a Cinderella Motel resident about a chemical odor that had woke them up.

Deputies arrived and found the odor was coming from another apartment.

Inside the apartment, deputies found numerous items for manufacturing methamphetamine and a small amount of marijuana.

29-year-old Nicholas Ordunez and 28-year-old Megan Steinkoenig, both of Gilbertsville, were also inside the apartment.

Ordunez was charged with manufacturing meth, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and wanton endangerment.

Steinkoenig was charged with unlawful distribution of meth precursor, possession of a controlled substance, wanton endangerment, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Both were taken to the Marshall County Detention Center.

One of the tenants of the motel was taken to a local hospital after breathing in the fumes.

A detective also arrived  to assist in the cleanup of hazardous substances from the manufacturing of meth.

A statement was released on behalf of the owners of the Cinderella hotel, "For the past two and a half years my in-laws have been running the Cinderella Motel, the previous owners seemed to have been turning a blind eye on illegal activities within the motel. After some major clean up, restoration, and a strict policy of no smoking in the rooms and absolutely no drugs on the premises, they have successfully turned around the reputation of their business. As soon as it became clear that there might be illegal activity in room 4, the Marshall County Sheriff's Department was notified and because of our prompt action as well as the swift response of the Sheriff's Deputies, the couple in question was caught before they could complete the manufacturing process, the harmful substances were removed, the neighboring rooms were vented and the room sealed off from the a/c system. We are expecting the Health Department inspection soon, and will fully comply with orders for the health and safety of our guests and our community."

Powered by Frankly