Here's Artisan Kitchen's delicious recipe for Karla's Super Quick Chicken Potdumplin Pie.
- 1 package refrigerator biscuits
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into large bite-sized pieces (4 cups)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Remove biscuits from package, place on baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Bake according to package instructions.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cayenne and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is light brown, about 6 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth, cream, and thyme, Simmer until thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables, chicken, and lemon juice and simmer until vegetables and chicken are heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Split open biscuits, layer the bottom of a buttered 9x13 baking dish with the biscuit bottoms, and pour the chicken mixture over the top of the biscuit bottoms.
- Place the biscuit tops on the top of the mixture, over the bottoms.
- Grate Parmesan over the top and bake till bubbly. About 15 - 20 minutes
100 Television Lane
Paducah, KY 42003