Here's Artisan Kitchen's delicious recipe for Easy Apple Dumplings.
- 2 Cups Apple Cider
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 8 ct. canned biscuits
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- (optional ½ cup chopped pecans, almonds, and or walnuts)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Bring Apple Cider to a just boil and reduce to simmer. Add in cinnamon. Cut each apple
into 4 wedges and put into the simmering cider. Poach until just fork tender (about 12- 15 minutes.)Remove the apples and let cool slightly, saving the poaching liquid for later
use Separate the biscuit dough and flatten. Place each apple wedge in dough and fold over. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar, continue stirring until all the sugar
is dissolved and the sauce is bubbling. Reduce the heat and slowly stir in the remainder of the apple cider, bring back to a boil. If using nuts add them now. Pour over the apple dumplings.
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, basting the dumplings halfway thru.
100 Television Lane
Paducah, KY 42003