Du Quoin State Fair officials create vendor payment program
DU QUOIN, Ill. (AP) -
Du Quoin State Fair officials are directing vendors to a program designed to pay those who weren't compensated for their 2015 expenses.
Illinois Department of Agriculture officials who run the fair told the Southern Illinoisan the Illinois Department of Central Management Services created the Vendor Assistance Program as a way for vendors to be paid without the department having to wait for an appropriation.
Vendors who participate in the program will receive 90 percent of what they're owed, with the remaining 10 percent paid once the department receives appropriations. Vendors participating in the program waive their right to interest payments.
Department data shows the Du Quoin State Fair had about 105 outstanding invoices totaling more than $257,000. About $739,000 had already been to other vendors.
This year's fair will run from Aug. 26 to Sept. 5.
100 Television Lane
Paducah, KY 42003