Jefferson Orthopedic Surgical and Sports Medicine – FAQ’s

Do I need a referral to be seen in your office?
We do not require a referral from your Family / Internal
Medicine Doctor to be seen at the Jefferson Orthopedics office. All you
have to do is “Call Dr. Ted”.
How can I request Dr. Ted if I am injured and in the Emergency Room?
All you have to do is tell your Emergency Room Doctor and/or
Nurse that you would like to have us help take care of your needs. In
an attempt to decrease the number of Emergency Room calls for physicians
when they are not on call, the Emergency Room Physician will call the
Orthopedic Surgeon that is on call unless you make your preference
known. If you have any problems you can always call the office at
(270)-442-2449. After office hours the answering service will contact
Dr. Ted and we will make sure your needs are met.
Do you perform minimally invasive surgery?
Jefferson Orthopedics offers minimally invasive computer
assisted total knee replacement surgery. Also Dr. Ted performs
minimally invasive computer assisted total hip replacement through an
anterior approach that has been shown to decrease the size of the
incision and decrease the possibility of a total hip prosthesis
dislocation post operatively.
Do you treat problems associated with the foot, ankle or hands?
Unlike some of the Orthopedics in the area, Jefferson
Orthopedics offers treatment of all your musculoskeletal problems. Dr.
Ted wants to take care of all of your orthopedic needs, not just your
hip or knees. He thinks that it is narrow minded to only want to help
you if you have a problem that is easy to fix. If you have a
musculoskeletal problem we say “Call Dr. Ted.”
Do you do Sports Medicine?
Yes, in fact Dr. Ted was recruited to the are as a Sports
Medicine Orthopedic Surgeon. However, he does not separate people into
categories based on how the problem started and therefore does not see
the need for the title of Sports Medicine Doctor. Whether you were
involved in a sporting injury, tripped and fell, injured on the job or
had a motor vehicle accident; however it started, we want to help.

Related Articles

Tourism on the rise in southern Illinois Tourism is on the rise in Southern Illinois. It's the seventh largest part of the economy in the state. The Illinois Office of Tourism is celebrating ...
Small business owners argue for Sunday alcohol sales Counties have different ordinances that dictate who can sell alcohol and when. Some Trigg County business owners have pointed out that within the coun...