While out Christmas shopping, local family learns their home is on fire
Leslie Williams tells Local 6 he was out Christmas shopping in Paducah with his wife, Angel, and the four children when he learned his Arlington, Kentucky, home was on fire.
The home is considered a total loss because of smoke and water damage.
The fire was reported around 6 p.m. Friday, firefighters at the scene say. Kentucky 80 was blocked between U.S. 51 and KY 772 for a couple of hours because of the fire.
Williams is a volunteer firefighter with the Arlington Fire Department, Bardwell City Fire Department, and the Carlisle County Rescue Squad.
The Carlisle County Office of Public Safety is collecting donations to help the family — eight people in all lived in the home who will now need clothes and shoes.
The names and sizes the public safety office shared via Facebook post are:
Emily: 14 shirt and pants and 4.5 shoes.
Kayla: 10/12 shirt and pants and 3.5 shoes.
Summer: 8 shirt and pants and 13 shoes.
Jeremiah and Josh: 16 pants, medium shirts and 10 and 8 shoes.
Peewee: 33/31 jeans, large shirts and 11 shoes.
Angel: 13/14 pants, XL shirts and 8.5 shoes.
Leslie: 30/32 pants, large shirts and 10.5 shoes.
Those who would like to donate items or have questions about donations can call Josh Glover at 270-855-0822. The public safety office also shared a GoFundMe page set up to raise money for the family. To view that fundraiser, click here.