I Saw It On 6
For a daily list of web-exclusive links related to stories you see on air, see the links below:
– To learn more about email hacking and ways to prevent it, click here.
– To read more about the best ways to prepare for a layoff from your job, click here.
– To learn the Better Business Bureau’s tips to giving wisely to charity, click here.
– To find a local organization taking part in #GivingTuesday, click here.
– To read more about what hiring managers are looking for outside of hard skills, click here.
– To request a letter from Santa, click here.
– For a list of unsafe toys, click here.
– To learn more about how to be taken seriously at work, click here.
– To learn more about the pros and cons of using an electric heater, click here.
– To contact Lifetone Technology to receive a replacement for your recalled bedside fire alarm and clock, click here.
– To read more about why job seekers are in the driver’s seat, click here.
– To learn more about the Kentucky Career Center, and upcoming hiring events, click here.
– For more information on the River’s Edge International Film Festival, click here.
– To learn more about how to highlight transferable skills that can help you change careers, click here.
– To contact Fantasia Accessories to receive a free replacement for your recalled slap bracelet, click here.
– To get tickets to see President Donald Trump speak in Murphysboro, IL on Saturday, October 27th – click here.
– To find the right credit card for you, click here.
– To apply for a refund for the recalled Brookstone Big Blue Party Wireless Speaker, click here.
– For the steps you can take to make sure your child’s Halloween candy is safe to eat, click here and click here.
– To see the list of seven internet scams people fall for by Mental Floss, click here.
– For more information on how to help with the Commonwealth of Kentucky Bowl, click here.
– To read more about the non-verbal cues to avoid during a job interview, click here.
– To learn more about the “scary scams” the Better Business Bureau recommends you keep an eye out for this October, click here.
– For advice on what not to do during a job interview, click here.
– To purchase a breast cancer awareness t-shirt from the Carbondale Fire Department, click here.
– To see the list of Jackson County Health Department flu clinic locations in Southern Illinois, along with the hours for each, click here.
– To read more about how to improve your job interview game if you’re an introvert, click here.
– To see if you have unclaimed money if you live in the state of Illinois, click here.
– If you’d like more information on the “There With Care” critically ill health program or to donate, click here.
– To learn more about organ donation – visit : https://www.organdonor.gov/
– To watch the Illinois governor candidates forum LIVE from Chicago, click here. The forum is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.
– If you’d like to learn more about the best career advice that no one takes, click here.
— For more information on how to report a scam to the Federal Trade Commission, click here or call 1-877-FTC-HELP.
– To vote for your favorite quilt in the 2018 Fall AQS QuiltWeek, click here.
– For more information on Touchdowns and Tunes, click here.
– To learn more about how to stop unwanted robocalls and texts, click here and click here.
– To send a card to Karson Taylor, the Virginia boy battling a rare kidney disease, address an envelope to 1 Sourwood Lane, Altavista, Virginia 24517.
– To see the schedule of concerts for the upcoming Soybean Festival, click here.
– To donate to the scholarship fund to honor Bailey Holt, click here. Be sure you specify the Bailey Holt Memorial Scholarship in the comments when you donate.
– To read more about the best ways to explain why you’re unemployed in your next job interview, click here.
– To learn more about how to avoid tech support scams and watch a video from the Federal Trade Commission, click here.
– To contact Vornado to get a refund or replacement for your recalled VH101 Personal Vortex space heater, click here.
– To read this year’s Educator’s School Safety Network States of Concern report; click here.
– To learn more about warning signs of scams that pretend to use Publishers Clearing House, click here.
– To learn more about the best ways to encourage your child/teen to do homework, click here.
– To read more about how a low unemployment rate is helping you find a better paying job, click here.
– To read the Washington Post article centered around the Marshall County High School shooting, click: “School shootings: Should parents be charged for failing to lock up guns used by their kids?” In the Aug. 1 article, Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship explains why he is considering charging the suspect’s stepfather with a crime.
– To donate to the GoFundMe to help get Kinsley Lynch home, click here.
– To get your pass for the Every Kid in a Park program, click here.
– For more information about the “Between the River” documentary; click here.
– To apply for a job at Mayfield Consumer Products, click here, and search for the company by name.
– To get up to speed on Samantha Sperry’s disappearance, click here. You can also read Dateline NBC’s report on Sperry here.
– To learn more about ransomware, and what to do if you’re targeted, click here.
– To read the full report on June unemployment from the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet, click here.
– To visit the West Kentucky Alliance for a Vibrant Economy website, click here.
– For more information on Illinois grants going to fire departments and ambulance services in southern Illinois through the Small Equipment Grant Program, click here.
– To read more about the Friends of McCracken County Public Library’s annual used book sale, click here.
– To read about the four things you can do to jump-start your job search, click here.
– To take the Fat IQ test, click here.
– To learn more about Military Consumer Month and efforts by the federal government to prevent military service members and their family members from being scammed, visit militaryconsumer.gov and https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2018/06/ftc-partners-kick-military-consumer-month-2018
– To read more about the LinkedIn pitfalls you need to avoid in your job search, click here.
– To buy a 3 foot by 5 foot flag flown over the U.S. Capitol from Cub Scout Pack 2059 for $40, contact Michael Knight at (270-527-4644.
– To learn more about how to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Division, click here.
– To learn more about Walmart’s action again scams, click here.
– For good information on setting off fireworks safely, click here.
– For more information on the costs of illegal immigration to the U.S. taxpayer, click here.
– To apply for the Habitat for Humanity home in Paducah; click here.
– For more information about the Livingston County Equine Championships Rodeo, click here.
– To get tickets for this year’s PaBREWcah Beer Fest, click here.
– To get more information about the Big Brown Truck Pull or to sign up, click here.
– To learn more about KY Kids Eat, a program to make sure children can get nutritious meals throughout the year, click here.
– To read the Better Business Bureau study on sweepstakes, lottery and prize scams, click here.
– To see more tips on what you should do before you buy or sell a home, click here.
– To contact Lorex for a refund for your recalled video monitor, click here.
– To register to be an organ donor; click here.
– To learn about how to prevent heat-related illnesses, click here for recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control.
– To see everything you need to know about the 40th annual Superman Celebration in Metropolis, IL – click here.
– To learn more about the Summer Meal Program for Ballard County Schools, click here.
– For more information on the Scam Awareness public campaign, click here.
– For more information about the Illinois coin contest; click here.
– To see a map and list of locations for the 400 Mile Yard Sale, click here.
– To read everything about Samantha Sperry’s disappearance, click here.
– For help on the grill, call Longhorn Steakhouse’s hotline: 1-855-544-7455 or click here.
– To see the schedule for the Noble Park pool in Paducah, click here.
– For tips on protecting your children while swimming at a public pool or in your backyard, click here.
– To read more about the ways you can explain a time gap in your resume at your next job interview, click here.
– To donate as part of Kentucky Gives Day, click here.
– To get tips on how to remind yourself of a child or pet riding in your backseat, click here for information from the National Security Council.
– To read more about why it may be a good idea to keep a job interview, even if the salary is lower than what you want, click here.
– For more information about the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet’s April 2018 unemployment report, click here.
– To learn more about creating nearly scam proof passwords, click here.
– For more information on Kentucky State Police’s Safe School Program; click here.
– To read more ways you make sure you can compete in the job market as an older worker, click here.
– To read about ways you can make your car less appetizing for potential thieves, click here.
– To sign up to be an organ donor, click here: https://organdonor.gov/register.html
-To make your own Cloud Identification Viewer; click here.
– To see drop off locations for National Drug Take Back Day; click here.
– To see the drop off locations for Kentucky State Police’s Drug Take Back Day, click here.
– To read more about two proposed gun bills in Illinois, click here.
– To read the Hired study, 2018 State of Wage Inequality in the Workplace, click here.
– To read about the CDC’s recommendations for getting your child to exercise, click here.
– For more information on tech summer camps, click here.
– To read more about the dangers of distracted driving and tips for dropping your device, click here. Good information for parents of young drivers!
– To learn more about a surplus auction next month by the Kentucky Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, click here.
– To check out the full list of 2017 unemployment rate data from the Kentucky Center for Education and Workforce Statistics, click here.
– To see the updated schedule for the Paducah Dogwood Trail, click here.
– To read more on the reasons why career fairs are helpful for older job seekers, click here.
– To buy tickets for the upcoming Men Who Cook fundraiser, click here.
– The see the Kentucky Department of Education news release about students’ performance on reading and math tests, click here.
– To learn more about ways to avoid text message scams, often called smishing, click on the following links:
– For online voter registration information in Kentucky, click here.
– For more information on tariffs and how they work:
For details on the Zach Williams – A Night of Healing for Marshall County concert event click here. For ticket information, click here.
– To learn more about the new pet friendly community at Southeast Missouri State University, click here: http://semo.edu/residencelife/livelearn/pet-friendly.html
– To contact the Kentucky attorney general’s office to report or scam or file a complaint, click here.
– To contact Spirit Halloween for a full refund for your child’s recalled PAW PATROL Deluxe Marshall Hat with flashlight, click here.
– To help the Paducah family whose house was damaged by a fire Wednesday night, click here.
– To read the full list of must have items when you walk into your next job interview, click here.
– For information on how to apply for Project CAR through Marion Toyota, click here.
– To learn how to report a Publishers Clearing House scam to the real Publishers Clearing House, click here.
– To read more about SUVs not ranking well on recent crash safety tests click here: http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopnews/good-ratings-for-5-small-suvs-in-passenger-side-small-overlap-crash-test
– To contact 3M to receive your full refund for your recalled Scotch Laminator, click here: https://www.scotchbrand.com/3M/en_US/scotch-brand/tl901c-t-laminator-recall/
– To bid on the chance to blow up the old Lake Barkley Bridge email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-350-1916.
– To learn more about the states that haven’t recovered since the recession, click here.
– For information about about applying for a job with USPS; click here.
– To check to see how much taxes you should be withholding from your paycheck, click here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator
– To learn more about scams and rip-offs that are common during the spring season, click here and click here.
– To read more about the issue of online harassment from the Pew Research Center, click here.
– To view the full hip hop song that’s helping kids learn the signs of stroke, click here.
– To see job openings for the city of Paducah, including police officer positions, click here.
– To see the full list of the 25 best jobs that don’t require a college degree, click here.
– For more information on Kick Butts Day click here, https://www.kickbuttsday.org/.
– If you would like to volunteer at Lourdes Hospice, call Susan Mason at 270-415-3640.
– To read about ways to protect your credit card information from criminals, click here.
– To learn more about the do’s and don’ts for using Toys R Us gift cards, click here.
– To find out where your county stands on the County Health Rankings, click here. The rankings are compiled in a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.
– To read the 10 questions you must get answers to before you accept a new job, click here.
– For a list of common deductions you could be missing out on your tax returns, click here: https://www.usa.gov/taxes
– To donate as pat of the annual SIU Day of Giving, click here: https://siuday.siu.edu/
– For more information on the recalled InstaPot Gem 65 8-in-1 multicooker, click here.
– To read more about how Facebook is expanding its job posting and applying tool on a global scale, click here.
– To contact Lemur Group to get a refund for your child’s recalled sleepwear, click here.
– If you’d like to donate to the Murray State University Up Til Dawn fundraiser for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, click here.
– If your business needs information about any immigration policy in the workplace, call 618-440-5090
– To vote for the Top 200 of Illinois to celebrate the state’s bicentennial, click here.
– To learn how to get a refund or replacement for your recalled canned dog food, click here.
– For an easy BMI (body mass index) calculator from the National Institute of Health, click here.
– To watch the Patti’s Restaurant Facebook video that includes the restaurant’s owner and founder, Chip Tullar, click here.
– To learn how to best talk to your kids about the latest deadly shootings, click here
– To learn more about how the Better Business Bureau says you can be a smart online shopper and avoid getting ripped off or scammed, click here.
– For information on Starfish Orphan Ministry mission trips and how to donate, click here.
– To send a valentine to kids who are patients at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, click here.
– To learn more about how your credit score can help or harm your job search, click here.
– To find a Red Cross blood drive in your area, click here.
– To register for the 2018 Western Kentucky Polar Plunge and 5k, click here.
– To learn more about how to make sure you’re ready for your job search, click here.
– To learn more about the Department of Homeland Security’s Blue Campaign to prevent human trafficking, click here.
– To learn how to make your own deicer for your car from meteorologist Jason Lindsey, click here.
– To read more about the hiring outlook for 2018 and the hot areas for hiring, click here.
– To check if your HP laptop battery is under recall, click here.
– Want to get the most out of the next job fair you attend? Click here to find out how.
– To read the 16 surprising statistics about small businesses, click here.
– Track the unemployment rate in your state and county by clicking here