OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — Authorities in Daviess County, Kentucky, say a student was hospitalized because of a possible vaping overdose.
News outlets report a Daviess County High School resource officer told deputies that a female student was being taken to the hospital Thursday after a “vaping overdose.”
A news release from the county sheriff’s office says the student was treated and released from Owensboro Health Region Hospital.
The release says the vaping substance the student used is being sent to a Kentucky State Police lab for analysis.
The investigation is ongoing. The release says six other students — and possibly others — may face drug charges.
County Public Information Officer Lora Wimsatt says the district is prohibited from sharing information about any medical or disciplinary issues regarding a student.