I-55 bridges – Cape Girardeau County, Missouri
I-55 south on the bridge over Highway 61 will be undergoing repairs starting Monday, July 29 at 7:30 a.m.
This bridge is between Cape Girardeau and Jackson.
Repairs will be conducted every day until 5 p.m. until Thursday, Aug. 1, weather permitting.
One lane will be open, as the north bound lane plans to get the same repairs done next week.
I-55 south will also be closed at mile marker 80 in Scott County near Benton for the same length of time for similar bridge repairs.
Route 61 – Scott County, Missouri
Route 61 will be reduced with a 10-foot-width restriction so crews can overlay the road and add rumble strips.
This stretch of 61 goes from Route 77 in Morley to Greer Street in Scott City.
Work will take place from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily starting on Monday, July 29. Weather permitting, the project should be complete by Saturday, Aug. 10.
Another section of Route 61 is being worked on in Cape Girardeau County
The Missouri Department of Transportation says this particular project will be done in three stages:
- Extend the right turn lane at Route D.
- Repair pavement from I-55 to Madison Street in Jackson. A detour will be available for the I-55 southbound lane.
- Resurfacing from I-55 to Route 25.
Crews plan to work at various times starting Monday, July 29. The project is expected to be complete by Friday, Nov. 1.
Various Kentucky roads in Trigg County
Three different roads will be paved with asphalt Monday, July 29.
Here are the various roads:
- KY 164/Linton Road from mile point 11.5 near the Linton Lane intersection extending eastward to Rock Front Loop at mile point 13.712.
- KY 164/Linton Road from mile point 15.116 near Old Dover Road extending eastward to KY 139/South Road at mile point 18.049.
- KY 272/Caledonia Road from mile point 8.2 near Kings Chapel road extending eastward to the Trigg-Christian County Line at mile point 11.927.
Crews expect to have the paving complete by Thursday, Aug. 8.
U.S. 60 – Ledbetter, Kentucky
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will be inspecting the U.S. Tennessee River Bridge at Ledbetter starting Tuesday, July 30.
The left hand lane will be open for drivers to use. This restriction will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily until Friday, Aug. 2, weather permitting.
KY 408 – Carlisle County, Kentucky
A section of KY 408 will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday, July 30 and 31, for a cross drain replacement.
The closure will be at the one mile marker, which is between U.S. 62 and Kindell Road/Mayfield Church Road.
The closure will start at 8 a.m. Tuesday and reopen up around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
No detour will be marked, but the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says drivers can choose to detour via KY 1935 and KY 1181.
For more information on the Kentucky closures, visit the KYTC Highway District 1 Facebook page.