For the second day in a row, students walked out of Paducah Tilghman High School Friday, Oct. 23, 2020. The walkouts are in protest of a 2002 photo that recently surfaced of Paducah Public Schools Superintendent Donald Shively in blackface. Friday's walkout took place at 1:39 p.m., at the beginning of 7th period. The group of students went to the football stadium, as they did during a walkout Thursday. About 60 students participated Friday.
...GUSTY WINDS THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON... WINDS FROM THE SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WILL STRENGTHEN THIS MORNING THROUGH THE AFTERNOON ACROSS THE MISSOURI BOOTHEEL REGION, FAR SOUTHERN AND SOUTHEASTERN ILLINOIS, SOUTHWESTERN INDIANA, AND WESTERN KENTUCKY. WIND GUSTS OF 30 TO 35 MPH ARE EXPECTED AT TIMES. OVER THE SOUTHERN PENNYRILE REGION OF WESTERN KENTUCKY, GUSTS UP TO 40 MPH CANNOT BE RULED OUT THIS AFTERNOON. WINDS WILL RELAX BY EARLY THIS EVENING. DRIVERS ON EAST-WEST ROADS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR CROSS WINDS. ADDITIONALLY, UNSECURED HOLIDAY DECORATIONS MAY BE BLOWN AROUND.
Currently in Paducah
- 2020-2021 Winter Outlook
- Kentucky's governor office doesn't want to issue blanket order on outdoor tents for restaurants
- 2 dead, 2 injured in I-24 East shooting
- Graves County leaders plead for community's help as cases continue to climb
- Lyon County trio signs National Letters of Intent
- The Trump administration is considering shortening the recommended quarantine time for COVID-19
- LIST: Local COVID-19 cases
- McCracken County judge executive talks next steps in unity artwork on water tower
- Kentucky Gov. Beshear announces nearly 2,700 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday
- Paducah City Commission votes in favor of "United We Stand" artwork for water tower along I-24