Last minute negotiations failed Wednesday, and we now know Murphysboro, Illinois, teachers are going on strike tomorrow. The teachers and the district again failed to agree on a new contract. Here's what this means for your child the rest of the week — and until things are resolved.
As featured on
During the strike, school will be closed for the district's students, and there will be no extracurricular activities or sporting events, which both parties said is the last thing they wanted to happen.
Teachers in Murphysboro, IL are going on strike today. This after they failed to agree on a contract with the school district yesterday. There will be no school while teachers are on strike.
Currently in Paducah
- 5-year-old Zoey Smith, who celebrated 'No More Chemo' surrounded by loved ones, has passed away
- 'Tarzan' actor Ron Ely's wife killed; son shot by deputies
- Judge executive, former county attorney release letters on Beshear's debate remarks on Marshall County High School shooting
- West Kentucky school districts dealing with substitute teacher shortage
- Local diner raising money for St. Jude brick dedication in honor of Zoey Smith
- One town, two stop signs, two state champions
- Carbondale working to reverse negative net migration
- Paducah Convention and Visitors Bureau: Tourism will be fine despite Fall QuiltWeek cancellation
- MISSING: 14-year-old Marlon Johnson
- 95% of tested baby foods in the US contain toxic metals, report says